I'm having trouble transferring bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

In Runtime
I copied my bookmarks file from my old computer (which is an htm file) to my new one and tried to import them into Firefox, but they wouldn't import. There must be a simple solution to this.

I hope by that you're not suggesting it can't be done. That would be ridiclious. I don't like IE, I want to stay with FF.

So I've taken the bookmarks file and tried placing it in the profile folder as well as bookmarkbackups- no luck. I can't believe I'm having this much trouble!

Did you export them from the bookmarks manager in Firefox? I don't think this would matter, I've done it both ways. Can you open the file as a normal html file in Firefox?

So I need to export the ones that are already there before I can import?

Yes, the file opens in FF just fine.

I just keep my C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla backed up at all times so I can keep everything

Try replacing the bookmarks file from the new computer with the one from the old one. Back up the file you replace, just in case.

That didn't work either. There must be a flaw in firefox. I see no other option than to bookmark each one manually, rebuild them from the file. What a pain in the ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom