Vista 32 bit or 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding my "new computer needed" comment...(considering I am a gamer, which most TechForum members are, and many computer users)... am I wrong in saying that Vista supports DX10 and for DX10 you'll need a new video card and that video card and the games you want to play will require at least 2 Gbs of ram and that video card will require an larger power supply and these new DX10 games will need a faster processor and if i am needing a faster processor than I need a new motherboard and at this point I would say this IS a new computer....

..now all you geeks who have a 6 month old or newer C2 system are fine....woopee for you...

..but cheapass guys like me who spent enough coin on a Prescott system 18 months ago don't want to spend all there paychecks on a new system every year...

Ive never blamed Microsoft here...in fact im using them right now...i just wont spend $200-300 for an OS right now that wont benefit me...why the **** would I? If you dont game and find all the new fancy features make your business or daily emails and forums more useful than, by all means support Vista right now...personally I'm gonna wait a while, til prices drop, kinks are worked out and other related features (DX10) are in black and white, not a pale opinion of people who have jumped the gun for bragging rights...

Cheers.

thank you guyz...... on let me decide on vista...
Finally , today i installed the copy 32 bit vista on my machine and also
installed another 1GB of DDR2 RAM........

zoomie999 said:
thank you guyz...... on let me decide on vista...
Finally , today i installed the copy 32 bit vista on my machine and also
installed another 1GB of DDR2 RAM........

Sorry you didn't get much input. You asked for help about 32 bit vs 64 bit, and everyone just wanted to argue about whether to upgrade to Vista or not.

Personally, I'm going the 32 bit route. I don't think the world will be totally ready for 64 bit until the next OS comes out anyway.

Since I've upgraded to 2gigs of ddr2 "gaming" ram, no problem occured on my vista OS. Now I can run simultaneously Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks, dreamweaver & Photoshop while having opera with 10 tabs opened, listening to music and running sidebar and objectdock. If i tried to do this before it would bsod me all the time. I actually tripple boot Vista, XP & Ubuntu, but I use Vista the most. There are surely some incompartibilities but does not mean anything bad. I mean incompartibilities are to be fixed after sp1/sp2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom