!!!computer Crashes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAT_NRF

Solid State Member
My computer has been crashing randomly for a while now but recently has become worse. Sometimes it can happen up to 8 times a day. I can be just sitting idol in desktop and it would just lock up completley. Ive tried a few things but it still happens
this is what i have done:

- I have replaced the PSU with a 450W (standard was 400W)
- Reseated the heat sink
- cleaned the RAM
- Cleaned everything with dust on it, the temp did drop a bit after that but didnt solve the prob

I'm thinking it might be the motherboard cause ive used the application called "MemTest" for the RAM and it comes up with no errors and my hard drive is in perfect working order

My system Specs are

P4 HT 3Ghz With Standard Heat Sync
ECS 945PL-A Motherboard
1 GB DDR2 533 Transcend RAM
6600 GT 128MB Ge force Card
250GB SATA II Hard Drive

System Temps at this present time are (and are usually on Idol) :

CPU: 47-53 C
GPU: 50 C
SYS: 26 C
HDD: 33 C

sometimes when im loading or playing games the cpu temp gets around 70-80 C and to me that sounds pretty high but i also heard that the HT processors automatically adjust there speed to the temp so in theory they shouldnt over heat, but thats what i herd so i could be wrong :) And by the way i am virus free so security isnt an issue
Anyones help will be greatly appreciated
THX

I've thought it could be something like that at the begining but im pretty sure that it isnt a driver issue. All the tests i have done say everything is normal. i have recently formatted and reinstalled winxp pro sp2 and i left it idoling for a while and it locked up of the fresh install after about 1 hour. I also have all the latest drivers for all my hardware.

I think 70 to 80 C is way to hot. My last system would do that as soon as I would start Gaming and the temp was gong up to 60 C
So i got a better HeatSink and its 40 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom