Slow/choppy video

Status
Not open for further replies.

superrid

Solid State Member
I am currently having some issues with the video from games playing extremely choppily. I am playing NFS Carbon, and it feels like the worst case of server lag I have ever seen. The sound still plays at regular speed, but the video is frozen about half the time.

Here is my config:

AMD 64 3500+
Radeon 9600 256 MB AGP 4x/8x
WD Caviar SE SATA 200GB Hard Drive
2 GB Kingston Memory (4 x 512 MB)
MSI K8T NEO2-F Socket 939 K8T800 Pro motherboard
Pioneer DVR-108 8x Dual Layer Burner

I have also experienced problems with Madden 07, but not as bad. Initially, I have problems with the video being really choppy, but then it goes away after about 30-45 minutes (sometimes), but will eventually come back.

I am really new at working with a custom built system, so I don't even know where to start here. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I can look at?

I checked the drivers, and updated those. I was using an older version of the ATI Catalyst Center & associated drivers. The problem is still persisting.

I talked with a friend of mine, and he recommended looking at internal temps as well. My CPU was running at 120 F and the temp inside the case is 113 F. After playing for about 20 minutes the temp rose to 123 on the CPU and 115 for case. I am not 100% sure, but it seems a little high.

I have checked the seating of the card, and the CPU, and everything appears to be in its proper place.

Any help is much appreciated.

Other than drivers I am unsure as to what would cause this as drivers are pretty much the dictation of graphics speed and if they mess up, drivers are usually the culprit at hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom