cdrom drive isnt being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maly44

Beta member
im building a computer for a school project, when i turn it on it just constantly reboots, it reboots right before the disk in the cdrom is supposed to load.

it decets the hard drive so thats what i dont understand. i even tried a different cdrom drive and it does the same thing, i switched the hard drive and cdrom IDE cables and it does the same thing. i tried a diff. power outlet...i tried takin the disk out...

i dont know what specs you need to help me so just ask.

any help?

Is it a continuous reboot loop? Or does it cut off and stop until you physically turn it on again.

Is this the first time it's been boot up? No OS is currently on the system correct? I would double-check and make sure everything is plugged where it's supposed to be inside the case to your motherboard.

If there's no OS on the system and this is happeneing for the first time upon startup, something isn't right. Give the system specs so we can make sure all the parts are compatible. Perhaps the PSU can't supply enough power to boot...or something else along those lines.

Where exactly is it on the screen when it restarts itself? BIOS loading up and detecting IDE devices? Or before that?

I'll help more if I can when I know the system specs. Thanks.

It is a continuous reboot loop. Well, when I was at school it wasnt doing this, it started to isntall windows xp but then said it didnt detect the cdrom. But here at home it doesnt even get to the installing point it just stops after checking the IDE devices.

There is no OS on it yet

MB- Foxconn 955X7AA-8EKRS2 LGA 775 Intel 955X ATX Intel

CPU- Intel Pentium D 945 Presler 3.4GHz 2 x 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775

RAM- CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)

HD- Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200JB 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100

PSU- APEVIA ATX-AS600W-BL ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply 115/230 V CB IEC 950/ TUV EN 60950/ UL 1950/ CSA 950

i dont know all the specs you need, but if you need more just tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom