Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

adib

Solid State Member
Hey guys wussup, I am having a big problem with this hp computer of mine. First of all its Hp Dx 6120M model with a not so bad configuration. The only problem is that it has and on-board vga which sucks big time. So now i bought a new graphics card a Ge Force 7300 GS by XFX. But now the problem is its not working Pci 16 is compatible in my mother board which is a 915G model. But the problem is that the motherboard is from Hp and the Bios sucks cuz i dont find a way to turn off the on-board. So the card isnt working though my motherboard has a Pci 16, the hp support sucked big time they cudnt help me a bit so I am counting on u guys, Please help me out.

Umm, if you plug your monitor into your VGA slot on your video card it should auto default to that and turn off the VGA onboard automatically. There's no explanation for this actually, now that I think about it...

If your monitor is plugged into your graphics card...how do you know the onboard VGA is on and not your card? Does your card not produce an image when plugged to the monitor, but it does when it's plugged to the onboard VGA slot? If so, make sure your card is seated properly and it's being recognized by your system. Check device manager and make sure, or in BIOS as well. If none of this works, your card might have an issue, or your mobo slot for PCI-E may be bad...also make sure your slot the card is in DOES say PCI-E or whatever on the physical board, and also make sure your card isn't an AGP card lol. Just checking ;)

Well my pc cant recognize the card that I just installed. The hp guy sez that the card is not compatible?

The card is alive and working. I checked it out on my friend's Pc and it was working. He had no integrated graphics and his one was assembled. But my one is from Hp and has a on board vga and the pc duznt identify the graphics card.

Can you go into device manager and disable or uninstall the onboard card, then shut down, install the new card and see it it picks it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom