Need Step by Step Help Overclocking a P-DS3 and a E6600!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello heres the specs:

E6600 @ 2.4

P-DS3 (F10 bios)

2 GB DDR2 800 cas 5 5-5-15 timings

7950GT 550/1550

I need help with someone who has this board so they can tell me what specs to change.

My system temps are 25C and my CPU is 32-35C all with stock coolers

I dont want Major overclock but i would love to get to at least a 3.0.

Go to bios, go down to motherboard tweaking or something like that. Enable FSB changes, turn off any special settings.

Keep increasing the FSB until you're happy or it's unstable.

For starters, turn off the autovoltage crap.. it'll up your CPU voltage to unnecessary amounts.

Go through the Advanced Bios Features (iirc), and turn off anything your computer doesn't need.

You'll figure it out later on, don't worry too much about it. Now go push that FSB.

If you do become too unstable, the ds3 will reboot multiple times, then clear cmos and restart on it's own (atleast that's what I think it's doing).

Raise FSB

Raise Voltage

Raise Ram Timings

Read the guide at the top of this forum and stop wasting other ppl's time, its there for a reason

thanks for being rude...people that reply obviously im not wasting their time...i dont force you to reply to posts...

Anyways I lowered my multiplier to 8 and increased my FSB to 400 and increased the voltage to 1.45. i was told that DS3 doesnt like FSB timings 350-400 and it must be true because 350 and 375 didnt work for me and 400 did. got it to a 3.2 and Prime95 worked fine with my CPU temps from 40-43C

So i took it a step further and tried to put it back the multiplier to 9 and keep it at 400 bringing it to a 3.6 but that didnt work not that I expected it too =P. So I turned it back to 8 and FSB to 425. It worked im at 3.4 as we speak. TAT says my CPU temps are at 40-45C on a stock cooler not too bad i guess.

going to run Prime95 to see if everything works out good.

I talked my Wife into letting me get an after market cooler =P.

btw new Super PI 1M - 15.765s =P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom