Network Drive Mapping Issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmctech

Solid State Member
useing a xp pro box with sp2 we have a redhat 7.0 box running a smb share with guest prviliges set to no read only when mapping this drive i can just right click and map the drive without haveing to use a username or pw although i have over 1000 users setup to read from this mapped drive they are all exe a application that has network capabilities the issue is not with them being able to use this program it is with me being able to update the program i cannot write to the dir note: ftp is disabled on the server share so i cannot just transferr the files up to the share via ftp i do have a username that has read/write privilidges but i accidently mapped the drive as guest remembering the guest user dosent have a pw i right clicked and disconnected the shared drive then attempted to do a net use * /delete as figured it showed no drives to unmap therefore i tried to map the same share useing my r/w username and well i got an error that the computer thought i was already logged in with another user to the share. is there any way to disconnect or check to see if the computer still thinks i am logged in as guest? any help would be greatly apprecieated.;)

cliffs?

you mapped a drive to a share on a red hat box

you disconnected the mapped drive.

you want to see if the red hat box still thinks you're connected?

gotta be somewhere in red hat.

on the xp box:

net use should display all mapped drives.

netstat will show all network connections

228 words, 937 characters (no spaces), 1164 characters (with spaces), 2 periods, 1 question mark. kudos to office politics for a brave attempt at translation.

Reboot the Linux box.

never mind

if i wanted to be an english teacher i would put some thought into my punctuation and grammer but im a tech so anyway no its not the redhat box.(period) hey when all else fails reboot a server thats been up for 7 years good idea guys lol NOT! when i can login from any other pc with the username that has read and write permissions. from the windows xp pro boxes. so instead of complaining about thy werds i tipe please help with this issue.

pmctech said:
as figured it showed no drives to unmap

therefore i tried to map the same share useing my r/w username and well i got an error that the computer thought i was already logged in with another user to the share.

is there any way to disconnect or check to see if the computer still thinks i am logged in as guest?

any help would be greatly apprecieated.;)

run net use from a command prompt. it will list all mapped drives.

you should be able to map another drive to the share anyways.

can you access the share by UNC path?

whats the exact error you get when trying to map the drive?

here is the error i get note i have already disconnect the mapped drive and ran net use to verify the drive has been disconnected.
errormappingdrivewithdirv6.gif

Can you map by searching for computer in my network places? That works a little differently than from the "map network drive" utility and sometimes it gets different results.

tried what ya said and its a no go i swear this thing has fried my brain anymore suggestions anyone. besides burning widows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom