Help with buying a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm planning to buy this video card as I've seen a review on best-priced AGP video card.

Diamond Viper ATI X1950PRO AGP 512MB Video Card
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Viper...s_1/002-9667173-7658404?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

I'm mainly going to use it for Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos and such.

Is it necessary to go as high as 512 mb? Or will the 256mb AGP video card work? Does the number (256mb) matter or is it the video card quality and such?

Thanks for the link. I got another question though:

Here is the picture of the Video Card Input

It doesn't seem like the thing to connect your monitor in. how will you connect your monitor there?

And I kind of need high end video editing. As my video editing right now is very slow.

Do you recommend me buying a cheap $80 256 mb video card and then upgrade later or might as well buy the high end video card right now?

EDIT: Nvm there is a converted included.

new question:

Here are the system requirements:

Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 FX CPU's
CPU running at 2.4 GHz or higher
AGP 3.0 Slot
450-Watt power supply or greater, 30 Amps on 12 volt rail recommended (assumes fully loaded system)
Super VGA or DVI-I compatible monitor
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
512MB system RAM minimum
480MB available hard disk space

How do I know my pwoer supply, adn such?

How do I know if my computer supports it? Here are my computer specs
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_VAIO_PCV_RS430G/4507-3118_7-30547513.html?tag=sub

akasixcon said:
Thanks for the link. I got another question though:

Here is the picture of the Video Card Input

It doesn't seem like the thing to connect your monitor in. how will you connect your monitor there?

And I kind of need high end video editing. As my video editing right now is very slow.

Do you recommend me buying a cheap $80 256 mb video card and then upgrade later or might as well buy the high end video card right now?

It will probably come with an adapter. DVI-D-SUB (analog monitor connection).

Pease post your specs so we can check if the card is compatible with your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom