680i WorkLog

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay, imma start a work log of my new upgrades and such in process... today i started by gutting out my case and spraying everything off with my good ol' can of office max air. My screwdriver was chipped so i couldnt take out my PSU... one of the screws was messed up so thats stay in... hopefully i can get it out by the time i get my CM Stacker.....

Anyway today comes my 680i and CNPS 9700....

So as of today it will be

Core 2 duo e6600
evga 680i
cnps 9700
WD Caviar 16mb cache 250 gb hdd
WD Raptor 16mb cache 74 gb HDD
evga 8800gts superclocked
2 GB (4x512mb) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800
and an x-fi xtreme music

coming up next week is my cm stacker... but if i can't get my psu out, then i'm getting a 750watt Thermaltake Toughpower

anyway, and 3 weeks to a month from now, i grab my 2nd 8800gts for SLi goodness

not only that, on the way i will be picking up lil spare parts for my ds3 motherboard

i will be picking up a pentium D 803 for it, along with a 6800 vanilla a 160 or 250 gb hard drive, my current case for it, more than likely this 680 watt apevia beast power, and a cheapo soundcard that allows optical cable use so i can hook it up to my z-5500's. This computer will be used for my downloading and such.

Anyway, here are some pics of my uncoverings and such.

100_1304.jpg

100_1299.jpg

100_1297.jpg

100_1296.jpg

100_1295.jpg

100_1291.jpg

later on tonite, i shall be back with super pi's and 3dmark scores... along with more pictures of the sexy 680i along with the cnps 9700... i need that cm stacker!!! i'll probably be ordering some new lights and fans for my case as well.. lights for sure, fans are still iffy, not sure if its necessary yet...

Sounds like a plan. BTW I love the touch you have for photography, the sock and the muffin really completes everything:p

yup, i did those on purpose, just wanted to see if anyone would notice!!!!

and... my stuff is in.. i'll be taking more pictures tonite!

it's sorta like where's waldo, try and see what you can find

welp.. the 680i came in dead... i'm pretty angry, tried everything.. and its either dead.. or just didnt like the ram... and i doubt its the ram.. corsair works with everything, and i've seen plenty of people use corsair xms2 on these mobo's... so... i don't wanna RMA it.. i'm just gonna return it and probably get my cm stacker....

on the bright side.. my system temp with the cnps 9700 is 26 degrees idol in my bios.... stock speeds though.. and this thing chugs.. its loud and i like it

Give me that motherboard, I'll RMA it for you. ;)

By the way, the muffin was one of the first things I saw, and I would have referred to it as a cake if someone hadn't beaten me to spotting it. LOL.

well, after reading on evga's page.. i've found that my 512 sticks xms21024 or something like that, arent supported on that board... at least its not on the site..

because the mobo does power on, but i get no signal to my monitor... so, instead of getting my case or whatever i planned on getting on friday.. i will be ordering some ddr g.skill ram.. in hopes of it getting the computer to LIVE!!! lol... anyway, i'll be back in 1 week...

i havent lost hope yet

as for the ram i have now... that'll be one lucky pentium d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom