Help a noob overclock a E6600 and a DS3 please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he means that he has it overclocked to 3.6ghz in the bios and when he boots into windows he uses the gigabyte easytune utility(on the motherboards cd) to overclock it further because otherwise it wont load into windows.

El_Roberto said:
he means that he has it overclocked to 3.6ghz in the bios and when he boots into windows he uses the gigabyte easytune utility(on the motherboards cd) to overclock it further because otherwise it wont load into windows.

exactly what i was saying...

well highest i've booted into windows with the ds3 was 3.8, but its a hit or miss thing, sometimes it'll do it, sometimes it wont.. i think once i updated the bios to f10 (i think thats it?) it started giving me more problems.. less stable overclocks...

Fayt19:

I would wait and read as much as you can on overclocking before you get started doing it. Also i would get another HSF the Zalman 9500/9700 are really good. You might have some problems wiht your heat if you just use the stock HSF.

yeah i should get a HSF. I just want to overclock my E6600 to at least a 3.0 im sure i could that on the stock HSF. also would want to up my videocard a little bit.

Sora was trying to help me out but RivaTuner20FR wasnt detecting my video drivers I think tis b/c I have Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom