First boot worked, but what comes next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Well, I am so thankful for all the help I received here because after listening carefully to you, I fired up my first built computer and it booted, BIOS worked, and I even installed the XP Pro.

But now I am not sure what to do...the mother board came with a CD filled with drivers...am I to install that next? and I still have not installed the video card or the firewire card.

Also, i think i made a mistake by leaving the extra 200 GB SATA HD in. I think I can uninstall it and download a special update to accept and recongize the HD larger than 137? Also, the XP PRO I am using was a gift to me. But it has no service packs...

Can anyone tell me what to do next and if there is a logical sequencial order to follow?

Waiting for more good advice so I can finish the project.

Thanks everyone again for helping me come this far!

Fast Freddie

I would install the video card drivers first. This is because when you go to d/l other drivers on the internet, it will work as it should. If the Vid. Card drivers aren't installed, the picture will be very slow and won't show correctly.

Here is the order I think you should do it in:

1. Video Card
2. Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Go to Windows Update at the top of Your Start Menu)
3. Drivers on MOBO CD
4. Audio (If it's not on the MOBO CD)
5. FireWire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom