Installed new memory; computer slows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Everest is doing is that its simply listing the Total/Used/Free...Physical/Virtual/ and Swap space, and also PAE.

It's not giving me more because it's a trial version.

bonoz said:
All Everest is doing is that its simply listing the Total/Used/Free...Physical/Virtual/ and Swap space, and also PAE.

It's not giving me more because it's a trial version.

I Didn't mean the Trial version Buddy.
Cough torrent cough

Ok, I hope this is what you were talking about by memory timings...

EDIT: I'm putting my mortgage on the fact that they are both the same memory :)

Attachments

• czc.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 14
ALso, I'm willing to put my mortgage on the fact that they are both the same memories. :)

Don't you see it? It says DDR256, Thus one of the Sticks is slower then the other causing them to both be downclocked.

Take the Second Memory stick out then See what it says, then do it for the other stick. Either you bought the wrong thing and didn't realize it or the link you provided is NOT the memory you actually bought.

I can assure you that both of the memories are MIRROR IMAGES OF EACH OTHER.. I just took both of them out, and they both say the same model#, same size, same bus speed, EVerything!

BINGO!

Solved the problem. Sometimes the problem is in plain site. My video card was a bit unsettled, all I did was push it in a bit, and restarted PC. Voila!

Works like a gem now.

Thanks a lot for your help Ste.

I think maybe because the video card was not properly connected, it wasn't functioning to its fullest, and thus the flickers and the wipes everytime I loaded something that required a bit more surge from the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom