-=overclocking=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
hey i just need some tipson overclocking. i just OC'd my video card from, CLOCK: 300mhz/ now 325mhz
MEMORY: 400mhz/ now 415mhz

and while i was at it i OC'd my celeron 2.0ghz/ now 2.4ghz
and the temperatures are at 28/29/30 degrees C

i was wondering if i could overclock things any more and keep it stable. do i need a bigger power supply if i OC more??? (300w now) plz help me out and give me some clues!! thanx.

(i have pretty good cooling, SIDE FAN, EXAUST FAN, BIG proccesor fan, memory coolers. 1 more laying around)

Moved :)

To answer your question, you should be able to overclock your video card quite a bit more without any trouble. I don't have much experience with GeforceFX cards, but I used to overclock my GF4 ti4200 by about 50MHz core/100Mhz memory without experiencing any stability issues. If you look around on the net for reviews of your particular card, you should be able to get an idea of how overclockable it is.

As far as your PSU, 300w is a little low, but Celerons are fairly low power and you don't have too many devices, so I wouldn't be all that concerned about it.

you say your cpu temps are 28/29/30c? are you positive about this, that sounds like mobo temps, where are you reading these temperatures from... unless your ambient temperature is like 20c i find this hard to believe with air cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom