Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTrang

Beta member
My old computer died on me, so I got a new one HP a550y .The power supply is only 250, I took my old power supply 300 watts (just got it before my computer died) and put it in my new computer nothing happen.

I posted this question on another forum and got this answer (In many HP's, you can only use a proprietary HP power) I was hoping not to go through HP to get a 300+ watts , money is a little tight, thereÂ’s got to be another way.

i wouldn't worry much about the hp thing i started out with an A250N and now its in a new case and i have a 430 watt power supply and i havent ran into any problems at all.

DyNaStY336 I would like to know if there is a power supply out there I could use,The 300 watt out of my old computer wont work,I had just got 2 weeks before my old computer died.Can someone tell me if there is anything I could do.

It should work with no problems check your conections and make sure everything is connected securely. Then again it may be that your power supply went bad and thats what killed your other system.Theres a PS Tool at CompUSA ,BestBuy,Circuit City .Pick 1 up and test the PS. It should work fine, ive swapted out dozens of PS and Cases of Dell,Gateways,Sony`s etc... with no probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom