Corsair or Geil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise, I've not had any experience with Geil nor G.Skill, just Corsair - but their customer service is awesome... and I say this primarily referring to, I bought a pair of 512 sticks, then a year later, bought another set...but they didn't work together. They offered to ship out a brand-new set of four to replace the ones I had... and a lifetime warranty - like most... I'm a fan, so far. :)

Corsair customer service is really great but still i question their products some time in being ever so perfect. G.Skill has never let me down yet and never anyone else I know or have recommended to.

Holy crap. I didn't notice ddr2 memory prices had droped so much. The HZ's have droped back to the price i paid for them last fall. This should cut down on a my lan build this summer.

G.skill, corsair, or geil are all good companies to me, but i do like to stick with g.skill unless their is a good price difference.

Yea My ram dropped from 114.99 to 99.99 from when I bought one stick at Christmas. I was ecstatic!! Haha that let me hit my budget of RAM and those Seinheisser PC 150 Headphones hehe, was going to only go with the 140's XD.

Just like you said though I go with G.Skill unless I see a better deal, which isn't very often at all.

I'd go Corsair because I've used them for a long time, but I've heard great things about both Geil and G Skill. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong between these brands.
The only thing to keep in mind is how good Corsair's customer service is. You get a lifetime warranty, RMA's come back in 3 days, and they'll do almost any extra thing you ask of them (like when they sent Vormund his memory back)

G.Skill gives a lifetime warranty though, as most RAM companies do. Corsair as stated has excellent customer service though, that's what your really paying for these days. Like I said Corsair has been slipping from what they used to be in terms of High end memory. They still have great Value RAM but the XMS2 line was a disappointment from Corsairs regular's.

G.Skill FTW!!! Oh and Geil is really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom