Vista 32 bit or 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is 64bit only benefits scienitist and people who do real intensive apps like graphics etc. At the moment 32 bit still rules becuase the support in terms of drivers for 64bit is not there. It will take at least another 3 or 4 years for 64bit to take over. Play it safe with 32bit.

asad0921 said:
MS Vista is not buggy trust me. i bought Vista Ultimate and so far its brilliant.
I can find people that have had problems with VISTA and I can find people like you who has no problems at all.

Point is, Im still not touching it with a Infinitly Long pole until I have too. (Future games, So Ill be saving...)

Ste said:
I can find people that have had problems with VISTA and I can find people like you who has no problems at all.

Point is, Im still not touching it with a Infinitly Long pole until I have too. (Future games, So Ill be saving...)

Thats kind of a stupid way to think of it. Yeah people will have problems but the majority dont so thats no reason to stay away from Vista. Vista has more benefits than just DX10 so i guess you'll be missing out on everything else by using XP. And will you be buying DX10 gpu when those games do come out because if you dont then theres no point in you having Vista at all if thats all you want it for as you can just play those games on XP with DX9.

Mentali$T said:
1. Thats kind of a stupid way to think of it. Yeah people will have problems but the majority dont so thats no reason to stay away from Vista.2. Vista has more benefits than just DX10 so i guess3. you'll be missing out on everything else by using XP. 4.And will you be buying DX10 gpu when those games do come out because if you dont then theres no point in you having Vista at all if thats all you want it for as you can just play those games on XP with DX9.
1. I totally Agree with you.. In one year that is. :p
2. I never said I wasn't/was upgrading for that single reason, All I said Is Ill have "MOST likely" get VISTA once games like crysis comes out. But Im waiting for that to happen. Then and only then will I decide If I will go VISTA or stay with Current OS.
3. Oh yea cause as we ALL KNOW Vista is SO much More improved then XP pro... And the EULA isn't RIDICULOUS at all... :rolleyes:
4. Again it depends how everything falls together when Crysis is released. If there is no difference between the DX9 and DX10 Versions of the game then I will stay with my Current OS. And just upgrade my Main components to play it on max settings. If the DX10 version is vastly better than the DX9 Version. Then Ill go VISTA.

I would Love to stay away from VISTA because of its EULA and its "added" "Security"/"Priracy" features. But I have been looking forward to crysis for soo long and if the DX10 version is alot better. Then VISTA it is..

ok lets face it, vista is a new OS... which means inherently it will have its flaws. one feature that works just fine in XP and NOT in vista (for me at least) is the system restore... and another would be hibernation. literally i've attempted to restore my system 20 times with only 1 success, and of course it's not the one i needed.

Another thing, with vista only signed drivers are allowed and will be installed... at least according to M$. which is un-true cuz my audio drivers did install and work just fine.

That would be a good reason for driver manufacturers taking so long to develop there drivers.

System Restore is a knoen Bug. That is one i forgot about. But that fix is coming in a patch real soon.

And Ste what are you gonna do when Crysis and Halo 2 are released as Vista ONLY since they use DX10 which is NOT available for XP? I guess you will be FORCED to upgrade at that time.

Yes people have problems. But i can bet you 1,000 to 1 that they have tried to upgrade with applicaitons that have known issues still installed. So when Vista starts there is already a conflict. Like Norton or McAfee. So yeah people will have problems. that is known.

But look at Vista's release to XP's. There is less of a issue of
1. Piracy. All known hacks to date have feen patched. Including the 2099 which was just confirmed to be patched.
2. Bugs. there are only a small handfull. System Restore, which in my opinion is pointless cause all it does is take up hard drive space. Other than that there is a couple of firewall apps that dont work. I have found that AVG, Avast, NOD32, among others for AV's work just fine. BitDefender also works. There are quite a few Internet Security apps that work.
3. Support. While this is not M$'s fault it is still a problem. While nVidia, AMD/ATi and Creative cant seem to get thier heads out of their butts it creates unecessary problems for us users.

OVerall the decision is null. Either you use Vista or you dont. It is all a personal choice just like which firewall or anti-virus app is the best. We all ahve different opinions.

Plus put the blame where it belongs. Blame M$ all you want cause you can. But until you write a OS from the ground up that can rival windows you still have no ground to stand on. *Cough*Ste*cough*

Makaveli213 said:

And Ste what are you gonna do when Crysis and Halo 2 are released as Vista ONLY since they use DX10 which is NOT available for XP? I guess you will be FORCED to upgrade at that time.

c64-o-rly.gif

Ste said:
I would Love to stay away from VISTA because of its EULA and its "added" "Security"/"Priracy" features.

So because M$ have made it proobably impossible to crack you dont like it? and Im guessing the thing you dont like is that you can only install on one pc with one version but the same thing is with XP it just wasnt enforced as much so people got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom