Problems/Questions with WoW on my new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello I just got and built my new computer(See Sig). I play World of Warcraft at a res of 1680x1050 with Max Settings. For some reason when im inside say a house I can get about 200 FPS but when I am outside I can get as low as 30-40 FPS.

My friend has a X2 4600+ 1GB of Ram and a 7600GT and gets almost the same FPS as I do but at a res of 1440x900. When I switch down to 1440x900 it doesnt change much...I dont get why they are so close. Even our 3DMark scores are only about 1.5k apart. I paid 260 for my video card while he paid a mere 160 or so for his.

Even in Counter Strike 1.6 I run at 100 FPS which is nice but when I throw more then 2 smokes it drops to 30 FPS...now I dont see how a video card and system like mine can get so low on a game so old....its not like the graphics are that good..

Anyone know of a problem?

well look how high you have resolution set at and a 7950gt isnt an end all be all card. i mean i run WOW at 1280x1024 and i get a steady 60fps they will drop to 40 if i look straight up into the sky but then go back to 60.

i play CS:CZ @ the same res and get a steady 100 no matter what, i think that game locks it at 100. but your res is so high at 1680 and that card isnt killer, IMO anyway.

why your friends card gets the same in wow is between the lower res and WOW is cartoony and not that graphic demanding, my card never even throttles up to its full settings of a 621 gpu and 1800 memory clock they stay at there idle speeds while i play it. so your gonna get closer frames with lower end cards on games that arent that demanding.

I just dont understand why it dips so low...like you saif WoW isnt a very demanding game so therefor you would think I should be getting higher FPS.

all in all i am very disapointed with the 7950GT as I truly expected more out of it.

yeah i had a 7900GS it was my first nvidia card since ive always like ATI i figured i would give them a shot since i hear every one raving about them. well you see how fast i went crawling back to ATI lol. i was real disapointed in it. i just think ATI makes better cards thats just my opinion and experience.

They both make great cards, it just depends about what price range.

I say Overclock your card a little bit and see if you get an frame increase. That card will overclock a little bit at least as my 7900GS is at 615/835 on stock volts. Those Nvidia will overclock pretty well. Also overclock your E6600 a little bit, I mean geez you have good G.Skill RAM and a DS3. Also you have an Antec Nine Hundred case which has great cooling, it's like you bought your system for overclocking but changed your mind...Do a bit of OC and you should see a noticeable increase in performance.

you shouldn't have to Overclock to get the performance you expected from the product you bought.

Not always true, I bought my computer FOR overclocking, as do a lot of people. I'm just saying that since he has all the parts that heavy overclockers use and he's not getting the frames he wants, overclock might as well. It's not hard >.<

Well the thing is with overclocking is that 1) I have stock cooling and 2) i dont know how lol. I posted in the Overclocking forums but havent really got any help yet.

Overclocking is simple and you don't have to go crazy with your CPU as it's your GPU that will make a huge difference. You have the Antec Nine Hundred which should keep your card cool enough so send me a message on what you need then, I'll tell you how to do it.

if your going to be around tonight i can walk you through OCing that board. i just built a Test rig with that board and a free Allendale i got and am going to fire it up for the first time tonight, id help you now but i dont know what the bios looks like yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom