Happy Face @ boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the suggestions:

I've tried to reset the BIOS using the jumpers.

So I took the computer apart and was getting ready to contact ASUS for an RMA, when somehow I reached their Tech Support instead of the RMA dept.

I told the tech about the problem - and apparently I downloaded the wrong Flash Utility and version of the BIOS. Which i don't understand how i did, i checked several times to make sure i was at the right page and using the correct BIOS info. When i went to the same page today (which was bookmarked), it was completely different - so i'm assuming their site was flawed (or still is).

Anyway, i downloaded the 'new' correct flash app and updated bios file (1005), reflashed the bios and now everything works great.

Again Thanks.

htcs said:

Anyway, i downloaded the 'new' correct flash app and updated bios file (1005), reflashed the bios and now everything works great.

Again Thanks.

How? I thought it didn't boot?

I thought i would give it a shot just one more time with a few more troubleshooting steps:

I tried again with the HDD in, no boot, just got a happy face.
I tried using a floppy, no boot, just got a happy face.
Tried using a bootable CD ROM, again, the happy face.

In my last attempt, I made a bootable USB Key, and don't ask why, but it booted from the USB key and i was able to run the flash program.

I've put the computer back together and everything is working great. I'm running another Virus Scan just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom