Delayed write failed [PC In badshape, urgent help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsayers

Baseband Member
I've no idea what's going on, but I have a few minutes before my PC plays up and just locks up.

This started last night I think.

error1fz1.jpg

This keeps popping up and LOCKING up the system / or making things VERY slow

error2fm9.jpg

I was getting many of these poppping up earlier

Each error message has different affected files, they seem to be important. It started when I accidently pulled my phones data USB cable out of my PC while it was transfering files. I thought nothing of it, plugged it back in and it said device busy, tried again and nothing.

Rebooted later that night and I got the yellow box in the corner and it was VERY slow, you mightaswell say my pc crashed. I had to do a scandisk. I let it run the first time, but it crashed right at the end, and I turned off the PC from the button. And it scanned again, this time it worked fine.

I dunno if that cable has done it, or this is a whole new problem. After playing BF2 today( was forced off, I was being bombarded by errors in game), i'm BOMBARDED with them RED X errors, they did not end until I had to shut down the computer manually.

I can't remember what happend from there, but I've had to reboot due to my pc booting being stuck on the XP loading screen so I just turned it off from there. Then when I reebooted it said windows didn't start up properly bla bla. So I chose 'start windows with last working setup' or something. But it took me back to the page where you select start up modes. I chose Safe mode, but it said something was corrupt.

These last few boots have been fine though, a bit of a slow startup when on desktop, but I can do things. I'm told that my firewall is off now, each time I boot, dunno why that is. Then I'll get a box telling me that 'Delayed - Write failed' and everything will be incredibly slow again. I just turn the PC off from the button, as it's FAR too slow to shut down normally.

I hastily googled the error phrase on my laptop, and got a microsoft page with a couple of solutions,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330174

I did this :

Note If you turn off the "Enable write caching on the disk" feature, your disk performance may decrease. Because of this, you may want to monitor system performance after you complete the following procedure.
a. In Windows Explorer, right-click your hard-disk, and then click Properties.
b. Click the Hardware tab.
c. Click the hard disk, and then click Properties.
d. Click the Policies tab.
e. Click to clear the Enable write caching on the disk check box, and then click OK two times.

Again I don't know what these errors are, and why they're here, and why any system file has been corrupt / damaged.

I've never encountered this error before, is this a hardware problem then?

SPECS if needed:

AMD Athlon(TM 64 X2 Dual) 4200+
2gb corsair ram I think
Radeon x800xl AGP 16p
I disabled the caching on my 'Maxtor 6v250f0' Disk drive

[Sorry if this is cut off, that means that PC has died and I'll come back to edit soon!]

On this Boot I've taken out my USB cable for my phone (Sony Erricson) k800i) and I've been fine for about 10-20 minutes now. Do you think the USB drivers for the cable have been messing around with my system?

Seems a bit extreme for a cable to mess with my system this much

I'm thinking you should back up what you need and do a reinstall.
Also is your drive noisy?

I have the W800i, and have never seen an issue like that. I know that the W800i and the K800i use the same drivers.

Check your HDD, open cmd prompt, and type:
chkdsk c: /r

When you connect the K800i in File Transfer Mode, run the same cmd as above, but substitute the C: for the drive letter of the K800i memory card.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom