Advice on Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGJJS

Solid State Member
I ran a program called PC Wizard and it gave me this information.

Mainboard : Intel D915GAG
Chipset : Intel i915GL
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 515 @ 2933 MHz
Physical Memory : 512 MB (2 x 256 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/GL, 82910GL Integrated Graphics Device
Hard Disk : HDS722516VLSA80 (165 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
Monitor Type : ProView Technology - 15 inchs
Monitor Type : ProView Technology - 15 inchs
Network Card : Intel Corporation 82562EZ PRO/100 Ethernet Controller
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c

now i was wondering if this is a half decent base to start upgrading and if so what upgrades would people recommend, or would i be better starting from scratch and building a new pc??

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to PC's so any information people can provide would be great. Thanks.

John

new processor, new ram, new video card, new hdd but it is upto you if you would like more space, new network card would be useful. lol i think you should build a new system and salvage the dvd drive and hard disk at a push

lol i see, so my system is pretty rubbish then? can you recommend any online stores to buy parts?

in the uk scan.co.uk, dabs.com, ebuyer.com, for reviews of items check the american site newegg but you cant buy goods from their and take reviews with a pinch of salt most people dont know what they are talking about.

how much have you got to spend ill have a look around

Matt

well if i was upgrading my current system i wouldn't want to spend too much, maybe £200 max. building a new system i'd be willing to spend round about the £500/£600 mark.

im not much of a gamer but in future i would be looking to play some games. at the moment i mainly use it for the internet, messenger, a few office documents, music and video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom