can't overclock FSB past 1076MHz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoops. no my ram is the same, but it is the cas4.
i have to set the voltage at 2.1 to achieve the 4-4-4-12.
i dont know if you want to set yours above 1.9, you better look at the website before you do. mine specifically said if i wanted the tighter timings i would have to up the voltage...
lol price drops suck...i notice mine is still what i paid, 280.00...

Is there something wrong here?...because I thought it was suppose to be 5-5-5-12, not 5-5-5-31
untitled.jpg

probably supposed to be 5-5-5-15 or 18.
also the trc should be 22 or 23.
i would think that this could definitely be part of your problem.
you should be able to change that in your bios.
i dont know why...but my amd in cpuz under the "spd" tab only has the ram listed at 400mhz in the first column. it doesn't have the 270 like yours. my mom's p4 does the same thing, so i dunno...maybe its an intel thing.
anyone help me with that?
lol we have the same week and year tho...

OK, I changed the ram timings to 5-5-5-12, and now my CPU is at 2.4 from 2.1GHz.

untitled2.jpg

Thanks for all you guy's help, and I'll let you know the results as I push this overclock further.

I was using orthos to stress the the CPU, and I left it running overnight. When I woke up, I found that the screens were blank, and I couldn't do anything, but restart. I looked at the log file, but it looks like everything was passed...I don't see any, that failed. What went wrong here? I would show you guys the log file, but I don't know how.

I would try to monitor the northbridge temperature. It could be overheating causing a failure.

The VRMs do not have a heatsink.

I have everest but it's not showing the northbridge temperature. What program do you suggest for monitoring the northbridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom