Best Videocard around 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's true but DX10 is pretty significant and mid range cards are just around the corner.. If you like to play the newest games, you'll want to get a DX10 card at least by next year.

But anyway, if you really want to buy now, no point in a 7800gt. They're a bit outdated. Get a 7900gt or an ATI but I don't know much about ATI cards...

don't make mistakes... the 8600ultra will more than likely be better than a 7900gt.. probably inbetween 7900gt and 7900gtx

i've done dumb mistakes.. like buying an x1950xtx days before the release of the geforce 8...

Yea I would try to wait as its going to be similar to a 7900GT with 512MB mem in DX9 probably as it has the same memory and still 64 pipes which can be compared to a 7900GT after you look at the pipe difference of a 8800GTS and performance of the 8800GTX which is 96:128 respectfully. I kid you not, the 8600 Ultra will be an incredible card for the money so you should just wait it out man...be a trooper.

maybe i should get a cheap 7600gs? and wait for the other cards? only looking to max out wow and counter strike

A 7600gs will do that for those games. But if you ever decide to get into newer games it won't do so great but then you could upgrade when you need to.

just wait til march and just buy one of them really low-end gpu's so u can play ur current games instead of integrated graphics, then buy them 8600 ultra's!!

for WoW and CS:S as long as you don't play on anything above 1200 res then a 7600GS should handle it. Actually probably even a 7300GT would hold you over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom