Need To Decide and Maybe Some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DcP Shiver

Solid State Member
Okay I have around 400$ saved up for a PC. Problem is I am so confused on whether I should buy a LCD Monitor or a PC. If I go the monitor route Im split on whether i get this One or this One
BUT If i go the pc route this are the components I have picked out.
Case
CPU Cooler
RAM
Motherboard
HD
Vista
Power Supply
CPU
Some questions I have are:
Can I use the current Power Supply In Computer?
Can I use the current Video Card?
Another things is I want it to be around $500-$600. So if maybe someone could help me bring it down to that price it would be helpful. Thank you and If you have any questions please ask.

All I know is that it is a Dell that has a Intel Pentium 3 Processer with 640 MB Ram. I have a NNIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro Display adapter. Will it be able to support 1680 x 1050?

Attachments

• sshot-2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 32
if you're not a gamer or anything you may be able to make do with this system if you want that LCD. that card should be able to do that resolution. personally i would upgrade the pc, again though this is what i would do for myself and my needs and you're not me ;).

if you go with building a new pc then there are a few things i think you should consider.

1. if you're unlikely to upgrade for a while consider saving for a core 2 duo rather than getting that pentium d, it's pretty poor.

2. if you're going to upgrade in the future then perhaps it's ok to go with that setup and upgrade the cpu to a core 2 in the future

3. if you're not going to upgrade and can't go with a core 2 then check out an AMD s939/AM2 system. you should be able to get one that outperforms that pentium d in the same price range

Can I upgrade and just get a new case and put some of my old compnents in my new case? Truly all i want is to have Windows Vista, Computer less laggy when opening and running programs, and a new HD. Because If i do not need to buy video card, powersupply and some other components i would be happy.
And I want to use that moniter to play my 360 on.

EDIT- Could I maybe just get This, More Ram, and a new HD and my computer would run faster. Or would i have to get a new motherboards aswell. And I have a capture card to record me playing GOW, but when I try to do it on my computer it is laggy. I have usb 2.0 ports. Maybe some firewire ports would help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom