Monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekiel

Baseband Member
Hey, i played wow on my lcd for a while and i always had alot of random lag and spikes now and then, i thought it was just the server or something like that so didnt do much about it. Then after a while it was annoying me and so after trying a few things i switched from my samsung LCD monitor to my old dell crt monitor and the lag stopped happening so much and it felt way faster and better than the lcd. Any ideas why this happened?

The LCd is a year old and the response time is 25ms i think.

Could it be a driver issue? The CRT's driver may be more compatible with the game than the LCD's driver? That's the only thing I can think of, unless the LCD is just going bad or something.

Psychologically the CRT seems faster because your mind wanted a fix. The monitor has nothing to do with lag. Lag issues are caused from memory, processor speed, network connection, and video card (among others factors). Its possible your ISP was having issues and, coincidentally, you swapped out your monitor with the CRT around the time your ISP fixed its problems.

I'd put money down that if you reconnected your LCD you'd still have the same average response times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom