Please help me with this hi-end comp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An 8600 Ultra wont be very expensive, I was on a budget of 850 and i fit in a 7900GS for that price on a 450w Rosewill. I say he could get 500w and that would be plenty enough for the new couple of years.

480-500w would be more than enough for something running an 8600. it is a sound investment getting a decent power supply and that can't be stressed enough. there is no argument that a cheap generic psu can get the job done, however it is a gamble. true name brand power supplies die but that's less likely and also less likely to do harm to your system if it does occur.

ty for ur help guys! It really helped..... Ive finally got just the PC I wanted. Here's My Config:

COMPUTER HARDWARE

Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor: Rs. 10,500

Graphic Card – nVIDIA GeForce 8600 Ultra: Rs. 8,000

Motherboard – ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP: Rs. 11,000

Random Access Memory (RAM) – G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800MHz (PC2 6400): Rs. 9600

Hard Disk Drive (HDD) – 200GB SATA Seagate HDD @ 7200 rpm: Rs. 3,000

Sound Card – Included in the motherboard.

Local Area Network (LAN) Card – Included in motherboard.

Mouse and Keyboard – Logitech G1 Gaming Keyboard with Optical Mouse: Rs. 2,000

Speakers – Creative Inspire P5800: Rs. 4,000

Monitor – Acer 19" TFT LCD Monitor in Black, AL1916AB: Rs. 10,000

Web Cam – Logitech WebCam Easy: Rs. 1,800

Microphone – Logitech Microphone: Rs. 500

DVD/CD Drive – DVD Writer LiteON LH-20A1P: Rs. 2,150

Case with Power Supply Unit (PSU) – Just4PC Black ATX Mid-Tower Case: Rs. 3,150 (PSU with PFC support is the best choice)

Ups – Rs. 2,000

Total Cost: Rs. 67,700

Comments welcome!

I have 2 doubts:
1. What does the WiFi-AP in my motherboard stand for? It means wireless LAN right? hmm...
2.Does the PSU included with the PSU support PFC or Active PFC? (ASking coz Ive heard its needed for overclocking)

rokza said:
1. What does the WiFi-AP in my motherboard stand for? It means wireless LAN right? hmm...

I'm curious about this too. right now i've got a PCI wireless network adapter in my shopping cart...if this will take the place of that, then i'm going to drop the network card and just get this mother board...right now i've just got the P5B Deluxe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom