help reinstalling winXP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeH_Snip3r

Baseband Member
i was having some problems with windows and some of my games. i uninstalled all my games and deleted a whole bunch of stuff. i reboot and put in my XP PRO cd and start to reinstall everything. i get to the part where it says "hardware installation" install 7600GT
i try to click yes but my mouse wont move. then i try to use my keyboard... nothing happens. ive tried other mouses and keyboard's with no sucess. any one have ideas to help me?

Hi. What part is that one? You're doing something wrong because during the installation of any version of Windows you can move your mouse and use the keyboard. That's because when Setup starts loads a temporary copy of those basic drivers. Did you do a Repair or Clean Install? Also, What did you delete? "A whole bunch of stuff"???? Describe with more details,please so we can help you.

Also when you install windows it dosnt ask for video drivers or any other drivers till the install is done. Only after the install will you need drivers.

problem fixed.... it was a repair install.. after about 10 reboots it finally reconized an old ps/2 mouse and i was able to complete the reinstallion.... thanks for your replies though!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom