Internet issue, drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdude

Beta member
just reformated my harddrive and now I have an internet issue. There is a connection, I can log on but then it just seems to time out and stop. I called my internet provider (shaw) and they told me their connection to me was fine. when i formated i used the long format, and not the quick. I installed my motherboard drivers. I just cant figure out what the problem might be? did i miss something? any help is appreciated.

note: i am not using a router, I did install a network card driver is there typically 2? , and since i use avg antivirus I havent been able to get on the net to download it. My xp does have SP2 on it, so it shouldnt be full of viruses. I have an Asus A8V motherboard, and I installed the marvell gigabyte driver, which I figured is what I need.

Can you ping other sites? Go to the command prompt (Start, run, cmd, ENTER). Type: ping yahoo.com
If you get replies, then you have a connection
If not, type ipconfig/all and post the info it gives you.

Note: to copy and paste from command prompt, right click on the program in the task bar, click properties, and enable "quick edit" mode. Then you can highlight text and just a single right click will copy it (another right click will paste it again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom