Question About P5B Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
What is the best P5B mobo that is SLI and the best that has just one PCI-E slot.

Any help will be appeciated about the P5B mobo.

Thanks

There is no P5B motherboard with SLI, as that is not supported on 965 chipsets. There is, however, the P5B Deluxe, that supports ATI Crossfire, and it's the only P5B board that does so. Many people buy this board thinking it's SLI capable and then they find out the hard way.

The best single PCI-e board is the P5B-E Plus, although it's only available in Europe, so for Americans that would be the P5B-E.

The P5N-E and the P5N32-E in your sig come pretty close to meeting the requirements of a P5B-like motherboard with SLI features. So I don't really understand why you're asking this question, since you already own one.

The asus commando is basically a p5b-deluxe, except it is meant for sli. I thought i saw someone on XS do sli with a p5b-deluxe but i guess not.

I think its pointless do sli on the commando though, since it will run at x16 x4. That gpu in the x4 slot would be a waste of money to me, because you probably wouldn't see alot of performance increase from it.

There is the asus 650i board that runs at x8 x8 sli which i think would be a little better. I don't know how well it overclocks though.

The best that USES (you didn't say it had to be just one pcie slot on the mobo) is the p5b-deluxe of course. If you just want a nice budget board with just one pcie slot then i would go with the gigabyte ds3.

Thanks guys....I'm asking about this board for a friend who thinks he may want to build.

Thanks again for the help.

P5B-E ROCKS.... Very good OC'ing abilities, well a million times better than my old Gigabyte GA-7VKML lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom