Please help me with this hi-end comp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
If I substitute my ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP with a ASUS P5B, will all the following doubts still me positive?

Doubts:
1. Will I have any compaitibility issue with such a config. I mean, the motherboard is not compaitable with the processor, the processor is not compaitable with the RAM etc. etc.
2. Will this computer support Windows Vista?
3. Does this mobo support my graphic card?
4. Does this mobo support DX10?
5. Is any specific RAM needed for this mobo or can I buy any DDR2 RAM that I wish to buy?
6. Does this mobo support the GeForce 8800? Asking, coz if it does than it probably will support 8600 too

if ur still deciding give the biostar tforce 965 a chance, it has the overclcoking record with the core 2 duo, i don'thave the site though

If he has the money than a P5B-Deluxe is still a great board, I wouldn't buy it becuase the Biostar 965PT Oc's just as well and in some cases better but doesn't support RAID, or SLI. Still the P5B Deluxe is an awesome board that will yield some high overclocks.

As far as an overclocking guide come back to me here and I will help you Overclock. Although If you want to overclock a C2D (especially an E6300 or E6400) then you will want at least some cheap DDR2-800 RAM. I recommend some cheap DDR2-800 G.Skill ram ( I believe the cheapest are red) and this ram should be able to take you plenty high enough, which not spending a fortune on RAM.

Just get this and you will overclock fine.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231099

I have this stick and it is AMAZING. I can reach DDR2-1072 on it!!!!!
INCREDIBLE for the price. They went down 15 bucks and I'm going to order another tommarow.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231085

Yeah, You need to get some better ram and you are going to need to spend $100 on a decent psu. And now your thinking that is to expensive. Well, No not at all actually. You could get a very cheap psu and one day you turn it on and here sparks and now your computer doesn't work. Your psu isn't something to go shy on. Here is a decent one for about $100.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128002

Not always True, I have seen plenty of cheap PSU's keep chugging along. I myself have a 450w Rosewill PSU. I took a chance a bit but yea for the most part it is a very good PSU and I have had no problems yet.
580w is a good amount if you want to run an 8800GTX.

Still cheaper PSU's aren't always bad, but theres just a lot more crappy lones at that price.

Sora said:
Not always True, I have seen plenty of cheap PSU's keep chugging along. I myself have a 450w Rosewill PSU. I took a chance a bit but yea for the most part it is a very good PSU and I have had no problems yet.
580w is a good amount if you want to run an 8800GTX.

Still cheaper PSU's aren't always bad, but theres just a lot more crappy lones at that price.

I never said it wouldn't work. I am just stateing that if he wants a 8600 ultra it would be an good investment on spending a little more cash on a psu. You know how much that can cost to replace he whole system.

I don't think an 8600 Ultra will require more than 450w's

And you can get a good FPS 450w that will never blow your system for about 50 bucks.

True, But if he is on a budget why in **** is he getting a 8600gts and not a very good psu. I know that they take 450w or so but I would put a little more power because of efficiency and later upgrading. That is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom