Little Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
My computer hung after i exited an on-line game of company of heroes. Now, when I boot, it just hangs right after the "verifying DMI pool data........ Boot from cd:

It just stops there and does not continue to boot?? I have never seen this before and was wandering if anyone out there new a fix?? I haven't had any problems with this computer before..... There is no cd in the drive fyi...

Yep that sounds like a windows failure to me. That happened to my friend and the only thing I could do for him was re-install windows.

Nope, not windows failure. I'm back up and running. Here is what I did:

Booted to xp disc and ran repair utitility. This just took me to a c: prompt. Typed dir and got the file list.... which was the files on my external hard drive. So I rebooted, went into bios, and saw that my raid array was 2nd in line for boot disk priority. I did not change this so I have no idea how it happened, or if that would even cause my error. I thought if it saw one disk was not a windows install it would move on to the next, guess not. Moved raid to first in list, and it booted fine and up and running again.

How company of heroes hanging would translate to that I have no idea, but i'm up and running fine now....

on my pc it shows dmi pool data but that isn't a prob for me, it keeps going after 2 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom