I'm new, but I'm not... new.. whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonefli

Beta member
Alright so I'm quote un quote new to this forum, but I found it today via a friend who referred me here. I figured I would check it out and see if I could find any useful information.

My friend referred me to this forum by some sort of weird pc to phone chat service [Link in profile]. Not sure if someone here told him to, if it was spam or what. Either way, I said I would check it out so here I am.

I'm 27, Phoenix Arizona native. I work for MTX and ship speakers for a living, so if you ever have any car audio questions -- i'm likely to be your guy.

Welcome to TF.

I moved your intro to the Intro forum. I also removed the link from your post. We're having a problem with spam, and are taking no precautions. Not accusing you, just making sure.

From personal experience ( i run a online forum i just started recently) this is a spambot as well.
Ive been looking around for a new forum to post at and this topic caught my eye as a good first post.
I'm curious as to what you guys have been doing towards the recent forum spamming people have been doing. I kno a few people that made the IPB 2.2 upgrade, that helped them 100% but i wrote a few mods that i dont want to re configure.

Obviously your Using Vbulletin so its different but ya like i said, what precautions have you been taking?

Thanks,
Kevin

I realize my post probably wont get any attention due to it being in the Say hi section. so maybe a conversation Via pm if u note my post would be great.
Thanks again,
Kevin

Currently, TF is fighting spam the old fashioned way... tooth and nail. But, an upgrade is actually coming into view...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom