Micro SD /w adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

T88SupraStyle

In Runtime
I Just bought a 1GB MicroSD Memory card for my phone. I Tried adding music to it by using my memory card reader on my computer. But everytime i try to add music. It says Cannot add File "" it is write-protected.. How can i take off the Write-Protection.. I tried switching the side of the adapter to unlock but that doesnt seem to work.. i rebooted my system to see if maybe it was bein dumb.. but it still does it... anyone know how to fix this little problem?

Make sure it is formatted correctly. Try putting it in the phone, browsing to where you can view the card, and it should ask you if you want to format it (my phone did). Once you format it, try adding files to it via your computer.

I Tried formatting it. I looked in the handbook and i went through the steps but at the end i couldnt format it... I Have a Motorola Razr V3M If you can help me out a bit more i'd appreciate it

Try for example saving a video from your phone to the card and then opening on windows.
I assume you get the drive to show up on windows, try formatting in windows if it doesn't work then you might have a defective card or card reader.

Ha, yes it is defective...

The card has a very not noticable crack going down the middle. I am returning it to newegg tomorrow >.<

But i did use my brothers and it did work i formatted his card on his phone but the problem with the write protection continues. I tried formatting it with windows.. But doesn't let me because once again. Its write-protected. Any other ways of fixing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom