Hard disk failure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
when I started up my computer this morning this message appeared about a hard disk failure, the system seems a little bit slower also. I did a checkdisk and it found no errors and the drive isn't making any noise so i'm stumped. Any help would be apreciated.

Back up any important information on another Drive or by burning to CD's/DVD's. And then wait for it to die, thats all you can do.

If it doesn't die, great, update the back up regularly.

all that drive has is programs and the os all my files are on my 200gb

It would knock out my os and I wouldn't be able to replace the drive right away

Well, again, you can't stop a HD From Dieing.

Also, even though you have your data on a separate drive than the one in question you should still have it backed up also.
I may be paranoid, But I have a separate HD with all important DATA backed up onto it. Then I have CD's and DVD's containing the same data. Then I have 2 Flash Drives with some important installation files on them. Then I have more backed up onto my lab top.

Point is, you can never be too redundant. In the rare situation that all your HD's die at the same time you will have the Hard copies to fall back on. (CD's and DVD's)

is it possible for the sensors in the hard disk to malfunction causing it to say it is failing when it's not, because the drive appears to be working fine and not making any noise or anything.

I see in your screenshot that something else was also throwing an error at the same time. Maybe that is a clue to what was going on?

I think it is entirely possible that the hard disk problem could be something other than impending death.

My bet is that it's just a stupidity by Vista, maybe it isn't even Vista itself but some adware (well, I think it's a rather strange nature of a message for Windows).

Might I add, your system specs are pretty poor for running Vista, maybe another hardware incompetence triggers that error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom