Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
What happens, do you upload data to their site and that gives you points, or is it the CPU usage? Because at night, I just usally download stuff on Utorrent, so I could fold. Somebody give me some instructions? What to download, how to set up?

You only get point's when you finish a WU,Your comp automatically upload's it once it's done and it will download a new WU to work on,It's not hard to fold,All you do is download the program and leave the comp on,Can't get any more simpler than that :rolleyes:

It's scary when you make sense, Shumway. I'm glad it doesn't happen often. :D

DEAR GOD... HE'S SOBERING UP!!!! Quick, throw me a 12-pack!

Don't worry, man... it happens to the best of us. Notmally, it's only temporary.

Stupid question....but can I run two instances of F@H on a dual core? One instance of F@H running on each core?

Yes, you can B1gapl.... there is a part about that in the FAQ....
Link: Running on Dual Core Machines

Does Folding@home run on dual processor or multi-core machines?
Yes, you can in two ways. For linux or OSX/Intel, one can run our SMP client.

For other platforms, additional processors must run the console version (with the "-local" command-line argument if run on Windows). First, make additional directories for each processor and copy the FAH Console executable file into each. Then configure them with the -config switch, filling in settings for each. It is very important to make sure that under the "Advanced Settings" option each copy is given a unique machine ID (from 1 to 8). The first copy will default to a machine ID of 1, so additional copies should be given IDs of 2, 3, 4, etc. Each may then be run out of their installed directory, using the -local switch on windows.

And sorry Trotter... had to pass you up. :D
Lookout Nukem, here I come!

When setting the F@H to an affinity, do I set both the FahCore_78.exe and winFAH.exe processes.....for example, to CPU 0, so that I can play a game set to CPU 1?

Also when I'm not using the computer, is it better to have F@H run on both cores, because I notice that the CPU Usage is 50%, and the other I'm guessing is 50%. Or is it better to set it to one core, so it can use 100% of it.

I tried going through the F@H signature "tutorial" and it doesn't work for me. I completed a WU less that an hour ago, and already have over 200 frames done on my next one. I used the second method and alternate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom