E6600 Oc?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
Okay, I have heard that the C2C's are great OC'ers, I began to OC my E6600 and it was going good but then once the FSB went over 280 it didnt post. I had to reset BIOS, Everything was on Auto except FSB

What are some good VCore, Ram Voltage etc, to work with

Currently at 2.52Ghz now, I cant get it any higher

Vcore now at 1.165V

what kind and what speed is your ram?
what is stock ram voltage?
what are your ram timings?
have you tried to up vcore?
i dont think you want everything set to auto...

ill let you know what i have set since i have the same chip.

FSB = 370 with a 9x muliti, i can get it to 400 but its not as stable as i would like it.

cpu volts is stock @ 1.325 i think it is. this stuffs off the top of my head cuz im at work

Memory is DDR2 800 @ 900 with timings of 4-4-3-5, dont me mad you wish you had those timings lol(not like they matter much lol)my voltage is 2.1 although this depends on the ram cuz my old OCZ i needed 2.2 to push it.

what it sounds like is your not changing the ratio of the fsb to memory. so its your memory thats stoping you. i have mine set at a 2:3 and it works great.

i do 1.33-1.35v ish for 337 fsb, and thast a smidgen over 3.0 ghz, you should give that a try

and change your ram multi to 1, auto is probably whats killing you, because it doesnt leave it at a 1:1 ratio

okay I put ram down to about DDR2 750 or something and I booted at 2.61Ghz

VCore - 1.3V

What FSB Voltage and Memory Voltage should I Use?

and also funny thing is when I went into bios with everything stock BIOS was reading VCORE at 1.16V. Whats with????

I have a 600W PSU with 4 12V Rails... WTF?

Ok I found out what it was, when I put the Vcore up in Bios the actuall Vcore is about 1.1 when in bios it said 1.3. So now I put Vcore to about 1.4 in Bios and its really about 1.300

whats with?

I have CPU @ 3.00 Ghz now :D

heres super PI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom