Monitor error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnynahal

Solid State Member
Hi i need help with my Advent Flat panal monitor, i boot up windows and click the monitor button on and all that cums up is no signal and then goes off and when i connect my other mointor in Elonex analogue Display ( one of those old monitors)it workls perfectly normal. my flat panel monitor worked a few hours ago last time my monitor turned off before it got to the windows boot screen.This happened before and i reformatted my computer and it worked, but now its gone back to how it was:( Can sum1 pleeaseeeee help

Thank you

Sunny

On any flat screen monitor, the monitor can be disconnected at either the computer end or at the monitor end. Make sure that the cable is securely connected at both ends.

Hi. Did you tried booting in Safe Mode? Did you tried your Flat Panel Screen in another PC? When you turn on the PC, immediately press F8 and from the Options choose Safe Mode and see if you can boot into Windows. If not, we could be in the prescence of a failing Video Card. Also, did you check the pins of the video cable from the monitor to the PC? Check for bent pins or broken. List the specifications of your PC,too please. Post back with results or info.

yes i tried and it does boot into safe mode bu after i resterted my computer all tht shows up now is no signal doesnt even show any picture. pins are fine no bent or broken pins

Display specification :

Device:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GEForce FX 5500
DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
Apporx. Total Memory: 256.0mb
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32bit) (60hz_
Monitor: Plug And Play Monitor

You're gonna have to try your Video Card in another computer, because I'm pretty sure that's the problem. It's either a failing/dying Video Card or any conflict with its drivers/applications. Have you installed any other expansion device like Sound Card, etc.? The fact that you can boot into Safe Mode tells you that your monitor is fine.

I don't think that the video card is the problem because he said that if he plugged in an older monitor, it worked.

Have you tried plugging in the monitor that is having problems into another computer yet?

Also, when the monitor turns itself off, it should flash a message for a few seconds. What is it?

KFC469 is right...sorry, I missed the part you said that your CRT worked. Try what "KFC" said, which would be actually the first step you should've taken and also you could try first booting "Enable VGA Mode" from the Booting Options when you press F8. Post back with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom