computer turning itself off; power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarismyhero

Beta member
ok so two days ago i spilt a little orange juice over the top of my computer tower. I am positive that none got in my computer and i wiped it off immediately. I moved the computer a tiny bit while it was still on to see if there was any liquid under it. There was a little and i wiped it away. About ten minutes after this the computer shut itself off. I couldnt turn it back on, so i unplugged the power cord connected to the power supply and tried to turn it back on and it worked. But after this it only stays on for about 20-25 minutes before shutting off again. Another thing is when i try to turn it back on without replugging, the fans in my comp start to spin then stop. Can anyone help me this this problem. Thanks a lot!!

Hi. Are you sure no orange juice got inside the case? It sounds like. Did you check the Motherboard or other components? Post back,ok?

Did you open the case to check if any got inside?

It *could* just be a coincidence - you might just need to dust it. If one (or more) of the fans are gummed up with dust, it would cause it to overheat and turn off. Get either a compressor (but be sure it's *dry* air) or canned air to dust it.

Also, while you have the case open, look at the motherboard and make sure all the capacitors have flat or slightly concave ends. If they are convex or burnt looking, then they are bad and could also be the cause of your issues.

ok this is really weird. I system restored to an earlier time and the comp shuts off just as the restart is about to finish. So i just replug and restart and the system restore still works. After i system restore the comp stays on but once i turn it off and turn it on the same thing happens again!! help!!

First off, why did you do a System Restore? Do you know what that is for?
"So i just replug and restart and the system restore still works. After i system restore the comp stays on but once i turn it off and turn it on the same thing happens again!"
Why do you mean by that? Also, did you check inside of the case for damages like "Penfold" and I told you? Post back with more info,please. And don't touch anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom