Are my SLI Cards working? Is my system up to scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginetti

Solid State Member
Hi there.
I just got battlefield 2142 about 4 days ago and was first playing the single player mode until i got used to it.
As far as i witnessed, the game ran smoth on max settings including res.
But i've noticed during the past 2 days of online gaming, its getting a little laggy in spots, especialy on the Titan.
SO laggy that i'm looking at lowering my settings, but here's the thing, i saved up for ages for this system, and was hoping it would play at least some games on max settings:

I'm not that computer savvy, but here are my details:
Computer:
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
2.01 GHz 2.00 GB of Ram
Physical Address Extension.
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
and another NVIDIA GeForce7800 GTX
and an A8N-SLI Motherboard

(PS, while it says they are running in sli mode, i'm not sure how to test this?)
And my mother board is an ASUS A8N-SLI Delux Motherboard

PS. I downloaded the free version of 3dMARK testing program.
not sure how to read the results, but when i looked at the final sheet, it only said "Display Device 1/1 - NVIDIA 7800 GTX"
So i dont think its counting both my cards... only the one.
Any help would certainly be appreciated.
Cheers,

Ginetti.

UPDATE:
A computer literate friend told me my system is certainly 'Up to scratch" and the only thing holding it back is the CPU's.

If you had the money, which CPU's would you get with my system... if indeed he is right about that.

Thanks once again

Amd gt player said:
you should be running high i run 2142 maxed everythign and get 60 fps constant and yoru rig is better then mine altho my cpu is faster

with my system, which cpu should i look at getting? one that will maximise my other equipment.

look at the 4800 its got 2mb of l2 cahche which is pretty good for the price, as for lag on bf2142 it is most lifely internet lag and nothing to do with your computer.(65 player servers will have lag!)

backup287 said:
look at the 4800 its got 2mb of l2 cahche which is pretty good for the price, as for lag on bf2142 it is most lifely internet lag and nothing to do with your computer.(65 player servers will have lag!)

Thanks to all for the advice.

Regarding 3DMark benchmark tests, any idea why it states "Display device 1 of 1" ?

I am currently running 2 NVIDIA 7800 GTX's and am hoping that the games i play are taking advantage of this particular setup.

Cheers,

Ginetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom