PSU ($89.99)

~ Christmas 1 ~
RAM ($74.99)
Hard Drive ($62.99)
Optical Drive ($24.20)

~ B-Day 2 ~
Processor ($239.99)
Video Card ($169.99)
Motherboard ($74.99) --> If this is possible. If no, then christmas 1.

~ Christmas 2 ~
Monitor ($179.99)

If you are unsure about SLI, just get a SLI motherboard...this way you atleast have the option to add another card if you plan to do so.

Currently Intel has the better cpu than AMD. And yes, the E6300 is very overclockable.

Right now almost everything still uses PCI slots...tv-tuner, sound card, network card etc..

PCI-E x16 is used by the graphics card.

On SLI:Sounds good.

Also, if I already know everything I'm getting, why would I do it like that?

I'm just trying to balance out the prices, so that my mom won't freak out when my last birthday "was NOT this expensive!" (Yeah, she said that when I asked for a laptop for my birthday. I got my dad's old one, which he decided to move for me one day, and he dropped and broke it. I got this nice heap o' junk, and it's real nice. Anyway, that's another story.)

Yeah, I'm going to go with SLI just in case. E6300, and I'm getting the 8600Ultra (Or GT, if prices are higher than I expect.).

Now, back to that RAM. I plan on upgrading the RAM for my next birthday (Or Christmas). Should I go with 1 stick of 1GB, or go with 2 sticks of 512MB? I'd rather go with 1GBx1, just 'cause I'll be using this for such a short while before I double up.

The thing is that you don't know everything that your gonna get. By the time you reach ~ B-Day 2 ~. The total price of the processor and video card will probably have dropped down to $200 instead of the $400 total right now.

Because of this, you have an extra $200 that you can spend on something better.

Processor is an Intel now, so it's down about $70-ish.

Anyways, If you say so... But I'm going to stick motherboard up one; They shouldn't be coming out with a new socket between 12/25/07 and 6/25/08, right?

EDIT:Updated List!

It will eventually be phased out, how long it takes...I don't know exactly.(maybe 1 year after the new socket)

Won't the new socket be way more expensive, though? Or will it be about the price the AM2 and LGA775 sockets are now?

Once it comes out, it will be abit higher, but after 1-2 months when things settle down the prices will probably be around the price of the cpu now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom