Hard Drive / Case Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrynham

Baseband Member
I bought my computer about 5-6months ago, and it has 4 fans inside as far as i can see (ie: CPU, motherboard, and videocard fans). I dont have any Case fans or a Hard Drive fan. :confused:
are they really necessary?

because one thing i found is that my Hard Drive is extremely hot to the touch, is that normal? it is a Seagate 120Gb 7200rpm SATA.

i also got a slot in the back for another case fan. ;)

but one problem i know with adding more fans is that it creates more noise, it already has a fair bit more of a humming noise compared with my old computer :p
but i will personally only go for Fans, im not willing to go into the fancy type of things like water, etc :sigh:

any ideas about what i should do?

If it is working fine at the moment and you don't want to overclock you should stick with what you've got. I'm not sure how hot a HDD should get but if you are worried you could buy a passive cooler for it (one with heat pipes).
If you are going to overclock, we will need to know the temperature of your cpu at the moment.

heat is bad for electronics. I think you should invest in a couple of case fans. they're a lot cheaper than having to replace one of the other components inside your computer.

rule of thumb: front and side fans blow into the case, while back and top fans blow out of the case. :)

yeah i was thinking about getting a HDD cooling fan.
but with the case, i only have one slot at the back for a case fan, and a vent on the side (not a case fan slot), thats it :confused:

I only have a cpu fan, two case mounted fans, and a video card fan. I haven't had any problems.

get at least one fan blowing out the back(along with the ps) and one fan blowing in the front, and you should be set :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom