Package Contents:

Cooling Fan with Heatsink
Thermal Grease
Fan Speed Controller
Clips
Bolts
User Manual
Backplate

it depends on the type of thermal grease that comes stock... as5 is atleast 2x better at conduction than any other grease i've seen (going by the numbers)... that doesnt count the handfull of other silver grease products out there

going by the numbers on the tube of grease when i got my Zalman VF900, as5 was over 2x better at conduction (u gotta convert some units to compare)... i forget the exact numbers though

I'm not sure if previous posts answer your question, but if not, it doesn't come with the thermal grease already applied. You have to APPLY it yourself, but it does contain some in the package. However, the stuff in the package isn't Arctic Silver 5.

i dont know about good or not... but it will probably work. what color is it? the more silver/metalic it looks the better. if it is a white paste, it probably wont be that great.

artic silver is a greasy, dark grey metalic color because it's 99% silver. u want this cuz silver is super good at transfering (conducting) heat. the white pastes are typically ceramic and ceramics dont transfer heat well (i.e. coffee mugs, though mugs have alot of air pockets in them which also inhibit conduction but u get my point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom