Monitor flickering and compacting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereticiv

Baseband Member
About a year ago I built a comp. for my parents and when I plugged in their old monitor it flickered and then the picture compacted upon itself from top to middle and then stopped. The top was all black and the bottom was fine. So I figured the monitor died (it sucked anyway) and then I got them a viewsonic (I use them and love them) 17'' monitor off new egg, the cheap one E70 or something like that. Now they claim the same problem is happening. Anyone have any ideas it all started with the new comp. which is an Athlon 2400, 512MB 2700 Ram, 80gig HD, Asus AN8K (or something like that) Nforce 2 Mobo, and a wireless card (same card as I have and I haven't had any issues). I have never seen this before. I was thinking they were getting massive interfearance from something but I don't know what it could be?

maybe its the video card? and the monitors are fine? lol i dunno..try switching monitors to see what the problem is, or maybe switch video cards

It might be the graphics card or the windows 3which is screw or just the new installation or ram

could be they are having a dirty power issue with their house. That can happen if they don't get a clean supply of power. I was having a similar issue and noticed my monitor closing in on itself just a little. It's an old house (so old the wires are CLOTH wrapped) so I bought a PSU and no more probs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom