Video Card Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

technutz

Solid State Member
Swapped out a video card that was no longer working with a Rageon x1050. Rebotted the machine and the card worked perfectly. Before closing the case back up, I pull out the RAM for a possible upgrade but ended up just putting the original 512 DDR back in. Closed up the machine and sent it back to it owner only to find out they were not getting a image on the monitor. The hard drive sounds like its spinning and everything seems to be working correctly, however I have no on screen image.

Solutions tried so far.

- Tested the monitor , worked fine-

- Swapped out the memory computer still no image.

Never had anthing like happen before and I am out of ideas? Could the card be shot already?

any help guys?

yea the card i replaced the old with was right outta of the box and worked fine initailly. when the owner tried hooking it up at home, nothing.

i have powered everything down, removed the on board battery and everything.

the only thing i can think of left to try is what Ellothar121 suggested and buy a PCI video card to see if its the AGP slot. Dont know about that though because I had the new card working in the AGP slot.

had a similar problem with my fathers pc video card was stuffed tho in his case it wasnt brand new still it was about 6 months old
try it without the video card see if the onboard graphics work if so ide say the card is gone

I went home and tested the old video card only to find out that it WORKS.

What doesnt make sense is when i put the new card in (Radeon x1050) it works fine initially. Then eventually stopped working.

So now I guess that narrows it down the the APG slot on the board or something else in the motherboard. The board is an ASUS P4P8005, i noticed an updated Bios from 10/06 but I have no idea how to update it if i cannot see anything.

Any suggestions?

if it works at first then after a while it stops working sounds like a heat issue
but id say its definatly the video card thats at fault see if you can add another fan close to the card then put it through its paces and keep an eye on the temp

it worked the first time i used the new card. since then both card have been tried int the AGP slot and niether has worked at all making me think its the slot. but i really dont know.

just to be clear whatever you plug into the AGP slot doesn't work but what you plug into the PCI slot does?

have not tried a PCI video card in the system yet to this point. nothing works in the AGP slot at all. i am hesitant to purchase a PCI card just to see if it works at this point. but how can i run a mother board diagnositic if i cannot see a video image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom