Rate This PC (Before build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat.clown said:
I would get another 72000 RPM hard drive on top of that Raptor just for mass storage.

I thought 500gb was a lot of storage
I bought mine WD My Book 500gb for storage, but now after couple months I've filled up 150gb already (on who know wut.)
Yea i am sure ill have another HD

My current pc i have an 80gb SATA for OS
then a 200 for Mass storage

But Dam dude u eat up 150GB in a few months.
That is screaming MASIVE MOVIE DL !!! haha

fade2black2004 said:
definatly get more hd space
i have 2 80gigs and a 250 and im still need more room
wow what are u ppl downloading. lol

i have thousands of song and still have plenty of space. .

any tips on core technology, and the differences between due, extreme and quad core's.....

I would tone down the Processor myself, unless you do extreme processing stuff you can always overclock a 6600 Core 2 Duo for alot less.

Also, I would personally suggest getting an eVGA graphics card (8800) for the lifetime warranty.

Anyways, those are my suggestions, very nice build either way, but it may be a bit of an overkill.

Basically the quad core is kinda of like having 4 processors but the stock speed will be lower than the duo extreme which only has 2 processors.
Right now the quad core would only help with extreme multitasking or the few programs that support it. I think video and audio renderer software has support so itwould help there. And in the future some games will support quad core but I don't think you would really notice much of a difference.
So if you don't want to drop a bunch of money just get the E6600.

Ahhhhh Thanks for the info ^

I read some where that the number of really supported Apps were slim for the Quad Core, thats why i was looking in to the Due Extreme

And the difference between the extreme and regular due core is the higher processor speed?

here are ur options for processor: get the kentsfield( aka quad-core) or get the an e6600 or below (b/c anything more would be overkill, and u can overlock it to get same power as ur core 2 duo extreme x6800 for like 1/3 of the price)

vernong1992 said:
here are ur options for processor: get the kentsfield( aka quad-core) or get the an e6600 or below (b/c anything more would be overkill, and u can overlock it to get same power as ur core 2 duo extreme x6800 for like 1/3 of the price)
what about o/c the extreme. what do u think i could get out of a 2.9GHz due core extreme.

don't get me wrong i am really looking in to the 6600/6800.
even the quad core.

There are few programs that fully support anything more than 1 core on a cpu. Right now the point of having a multi-core is for multitasking, future use, and the few programs that do support multi-core like video rendering programs. Games are suppose to start using multi-core this year like "Alan Wake" and "Crysis" but 2 cores will probably still be good enough.

IIRC the main difference between the extreme and a E6600 is the multiplyer. The E6600 runs at 9 x 266fsb = 2.4ghz and the extreme runs at 11 x 266fsb = 2.93ghz plus the extreme has a unlocked multiplyer so you could overclock it a little more. But since most c2d allow a very high fsb and heat is the limiting factor you wouldn't get much more out of a extreme unless you had a really crazy overclocking rig or something.

So I would say just get the E6600 but if you want to spend over $800 on just the cpu get the QX6600 (or wait till April when their suppose to drop to ~$500).

Heres a link to Tomshardware that shows performance difference with different processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom