8800GTS 320MB released today !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blitersety said:
I'm sure it would work really well. The GeForce 8 series has a revolutionary new architecture in the GPU that allows it to render a lot of pizels a lot more efficiently and quickly... in tandem with a good CPU and RAM it would give u fine fps on recent 3D games... at the very least a lot higher than the 24 fps our human eyes can percieve.

Dude it's higher then 24.

and you people need to stop creaming your pants over this "revolutionary" card stuff... ya its a great card... but right now, its hardly better than a 7950gx2 and x1950xtx... don't cream your pants until we could see weather it'll flop or fly in dx10

and as for the ram question... only 256 mb is for what your seeing on the screen, the rest is for physics.. which we can't really use as of now, because games arent really programmed to use it that way..., but i may be wrong, so don't quote me...

and, furthermore, if your going to be playing with 1680x1050, i dunno if i'd want a 320mb edition of this card, because games are gonna want more of you.. and if you want full quality, i'm sure at that resolution, it'll fall to its knees in the near future

i'd go for a 640 mb edition.. better safe than sorry....

hasnt anyone noticed games gobbling more memory... so wouldnt you rather stick on the safe side??!?!?!?!

Well, either way. for a 12x10 screen, that card is a no brainer, dx9 or not.

I'd definitely wait until a DX10 game is out and we can see just exactly what we each need to run it on a specific monitor.

Yea I'd say only 22 inch and above might even consider the 640 version, even then it probably would work great.

Evergreen said:
Yeah, definitely higher than 24..

No, our eyes can't really detect anything higher than 24 fps, why do you think they shoot movies and tv shows at 24 fps? Becvause anything higher would be a waste of film

Blitersety said:
No, our eyes can't really detect anything higher than 24 fps, why do you think they shoot movies and tv shows at 24 fps? Becvause anything higher would be a waste of film

actually the human eye is capable of way more than 24 fps, sometimes in excess of 200 fps. the reason films are shown at 24fps is because of the blurring done to the film, this blurring simulates smoothness. try taking a look at a snapshot from a film during a fast paced movement, you'll notice that you can barely make out the edges to the figure.

motionblur2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom