need to install new OS but i cant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loopsider

Solid State Member
Impossible to install new OS

It is almost a stupid sequence of difficulties ive overcome in trying to get to windows 2000 from windows ME.

when i first installed windows 2000 i mistakenly reformatted to NTFS. then i tried putting in a video card that takes a 8x AGP slot and i found out i only have a 4x. it then automatically uninstalled all my drivers and now im left with 16 colors because my system files are all left in shambles. in add/remove programs it gives me a line error and it does not show up any programs. and many things do not work any more, my display settings wont show up either.

now i managed to put a CD burner into the computer to take out all my files and then format the computer.

i then proceeded to try and make a startup disk, but because of NTFS my floppy drive wont work! i connected everything and made sure everything was in the motherboard and the floppy drive shows the green LED. and in hardware wizard it says it is operated properly. i try putting in a floppy in it and it tells me there is no floppy. i also have tried putting multiple different floppy drives and none of them work.

Now I cannot operate the computer properly.

you can boot from the CD..floppy is old sk00l..lol...seriously though if you have win2k or winxp there is no need for a bootup disk anymore.

What Win2k means is stick the cd in the drive and set your boot sequence in your bios to your cd drive first.
Assuming its an original ((or) bootable) 2k CD it will boot up and you just follow the instructions.
If you have only the cab files (i386? (not sure about that, I know thats what it is for xp anyway) and the cd aint bootable then you got to either find a bootable cd that gets you into the command prompt or fix da floppy.

If the floppy light is on constantly then the floppy cable is on upside down somewhere... change it.
If not, is it possible just to make a boot disk from another PC?

just boot from the cd im sure it will work. if it doesnt not try to boot from the cd you will have to change your boot options in your bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom