Athlon 4800, easy ocer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
I have an athlon 4800 and am wondering if anyone has any experiece ocing this processor, i would like some tips for general ocing as i have never ever oced before and am looking to get started, i know almost nothing and am wondering if anyone would help me out

Well it's 2.4 stock and my 4000+ is sitting at 2.94GHz right now without a problem so I can imagine your 4800 hitting 3.0GHz pretty easily. There's not really any tips to be given except be careful, Watch your temps and go slowly.

Wat tools do i need? i am very very new i have no idea of where to start wats the very first thing i do?

wats is a good program for temperature monitering that will moniter all the temps of everything?

and wat do i use to rais the fsb and voltage?bios?is there an easier program than bios that i can use to control the fsb and voltage?

if you want windows oc'ing i would use clock gen... but i myself would start off in bios, clock gen is usually used just to get that extra juice while windows is loaded.. because that'll stress your cpu the most.. and you probably won't be able to boot in windows doing certain oc's...

anyway, just slowly raise your htt/fsb by 5 to 10 in your bios each time.

then when you can't boot, start upping the voltage by .01 until you can boot... for an amd i wouldnt go past 1.6v..... and if your using stock cooler, i wouldnt plan on going super high.. i suggest you pick up a scythe ninja, or zalman cpns 9700

i'm at work right now, so i can't get in depth, but when i get home i'll be back to help you out... lol, if i'm not playing WoW.... why i picked that game up.. i don't know... i just officially stepped myself into the nerds realm...

k well ive gone into bios and looked around theres something that says cpu frequency, is that the htt i should be raising?the bios is very confusing i cant really find the htt or fsb but i think ive got the voltage

ive put the cpu frequency from auto to 201 and restarted nothing really happened...so i set back to defaults

Yes, that is what you should be raising.

It was probably at 200 mhz * 12 (the multiplier) = 2400 gHz on Auto. You raised it 12 mHz. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom