Console Gamer
my friends newest sytem just went awal

ASUS a8n-32
X2 4800+
Corsair Ram
Hiper 580watt
X800xl
WD harddrives
Random accesories (cigerette lighter fan controller and what not)

he brought it into class started it up, lights flickered, and then it just died, now when he cuts it on you can hear a loud high pitch noise from the psu and nothing else comes on, not even the motherboard led

the thing is his last system did the same thing, except he had an ASUS a8n-sli premium and a 3700+
the only thing he kep over from the last build was the PSU and the GFX card

so is psu bad, or is asus just being dumb with there skt939 boards

thanks in advance
-the faded one

yea turned out to be the psu, hopefully it didnt take anything else out with it

really dissapointing performance from hiper, second time this has happened

I posted a link about one taking the entire machine with it a while ago. Hopefully your friend will only have to replace the PSU.

Make sure the mobo is grounded properly. If it isn't, I've heard that sound before...just check that all those spacers are in properly.

This has happened to me before, and I think I know what may have happened to your friend. On the back of the PSU is a small switch with a slider set to either 220 volts or 110 volts, make sure it is set to the right selection depending on what country you live in. If it is on the wrong setting, you will get that high pitched noise and you run the risk of frying the psu, the mobo, or the entire rig.

wow the 5th case in which hiper disappoint's, its so sad that good companies decide to go cheap to make more money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom