Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PnkFloyd27

In Runtime
I've been looking at motherboards the computer that I am going to be building. I found this ASUS board for a little over $400 and was just wondering what other people thought of it. It seems to have a lot of nice feature and seems to be a really good board. Does anyone have any experience with this board or has anyone known someone that has complained about it? I did check out the newegg reviews and might check out other reviews but most of the people said that it was an excellent board. Here are the links:

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131074

Product Site: http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=397&model=1439&modelmenu=1

Please check it out and post your opinions, thanks.

I think that it's only so expensive because it comes with so many different things. I really like the fact that it has a lot of room to update it and that it comes with tons of different features. I will have to choose a different PSU though, hows this look? http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817256009

Also, there was something saying that you can plug 3 fans into the motherboard. Will this allow me to plug in my 3 case fans and not have to worry about buying a fan controller? (Look on the product website for the information on that, it's the Q-Fan Plus)

bump
please help

A lot of the people that reviewed this board had a lot of problems. However, it did get 4/5 stars so most of the people loved it. A lot of people that wrote very good reviews loved the thing to bits. Should I over look the bad reviews?

Cmon when the title has"The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard" in it you know that that one is just marketed to sound good, i'm not saying its a bad motherboard but i dont thing its the best bang for the buck. isnt that lcd screen on the back of the motherboard overkill?? i would recommend the gigabyte ds3 motherboard. that psu you picked out looks pretty good.

For the love of science, don't buy that motherboard..you're aren't going to be more of an "Ultimate Gamer" with 3 pci-e slots.. you're going to be more of an "Ultimate Benchmarker".. if you fill all of them up (2x GFX card, 1x physX)

Save some money, buy something cheaper

depends...i guess the 680i is thought of the best becuase of all the features but I still love the P5B Deluxe much more as it doesn't have as many problems and its 70 bucks cheaper.

PnkFloyd27 said:

Also, there was something saying that you can plug 3 fans into the motherboard. Will this allow me to plug in my 3 case fans and not have to worry about buying a fan controller? (Look on the product website for the information on that, it's the Q-Fan Plus)

400.00 mobo = no bueno.
dude my 75 dollar abit has three fan connectors. and you can always use your psu and put more in. fans are cheap.
always look at the bad with the good. although newegg reviews are like a magnet for people who are:
a)totally lost
b) full of sh*t
i read yesterday on one that a guy had his amd x2 4200 (or maybe 3800) to "3.2ghz right out of the box with stock cooling and 1.4v core".
uuuhhhh. yeah, dude. that aint gonna happen. i wish he had left an email address. then we could all spam him.
anyway, take newegg reviews with a grain of salt.
you would do better to google the product and read REAL reviews.
although, take most of them with a grain of salt as well, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom